Prashanth joined Waddell Phillips as an associate in 2018, after articling with the firm. His practice covers all aspects of family law including domestic and child protection matters.
Prior to joining Waddell Phillips, Prashanth summered at a boutique Toronto law firm focusing on class actions, civil litigation and family law. He also summered at the Toronto Crown Attorney’s Office.
During law school, he interned at the largest criminal defence firm in Ottawa and he also clerked with a judge of the Ontario Court of Justice. Prior to attending law school, Prashanth worked in the Court Services Division of the Ministry of the Attorney General and he also worked for a Federal Member of Parliament.
Prashanth is fluent in Tamil and he is happy to assist clients in both English and Tamil.
- Called to the Bar of the Law Society of Ontario: June 2018
- Juris Doctor: University of Ottawa, 2014-2015; Osgoode Hall Law School, 2015-2017
- Master of Studies in Law (Criminal Law): Western University, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts & Business (Honours) (Legal Studies): University of Waterloo, 2011
- Unequal Justice: The Relevance of Race and Social Disadvantage in Sentencing under the Criminal Code of Canada