Tina Q. Yang
Partner / Class Actions, Commercial Litigation
Tina is a partner at Waddell Phillips. Her practice is focused on the prosecution of diverse, ground-breaking class actions, particularly in the areas of institutional negligence, Charter breaches & state accountability, privacy, consumer protection, and employment law. She also acts regularly for individuals and corporations in complex civil and commercial litigation.
Tina brings her sharp strategic instincts, tenacious advocacy, and passion for justice to every case. She has represented clients before all levels of court in Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia, as well as the Federal Courts. Her work is often precedent-setting and has achieved landmark settlements for hundreds of thousands of Canadians.
Tina is a frequent speaker on class action and privacy law issues. She sits on the executive of the Toronto branch of the Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund, volunteers for Pro Bono Ontario’s Consumer Protection Panel, and previously served as a member of the Ontario Class Actions Bench-Bar Liaison Committee.
- University of Toronto Faculty of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Saskatchewan, B.A.H., 2007
- Ontario, 2011
- Ontario Bar Association, Class Action Law Section – Executive Member (2019-Current)
- Ontario Bar Association, Privacy & Information Law Section – Executive Member (2019-Current)
- Ontario Class Actions Bench-Bar Liaison Committee (2020-Current)
- The Advocates’ Society – Member
- Toronto Lawyers’ Association – Member