Tina Q. Yang
Associate / Class Actions, Commercial Litigation
Tina Q. Yang is an associate litigation lawyer at Waddell Phillips. Her practice is focused on the prosecution of diverse, ground-breaking class actions – from mass terminations to institutional negligence, consumer protection, and beyond.
Tina brings her sharp strategic instincts, tenacious advocacy, and passion for social justice to every case. She has represented clients before all levels of court in Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia, as well as the Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal. Some of her notable cases include the RCMP gender discrimination and harassment class action, the federal student loans privacy breach class action, the Ford dual-clutch transmission class action, and the major junior hockey player employment class actions, which have resulted in landmark settlements for hundreds of thousands of Canadians.
Prior to joining Waddell Phillips, Tina practiced at other top class action boutiques in Toronto, after articling at a full-service Bay Street firm. Tina is a frequent speaker on class action and privacy law issues, and serves as a member of the Ontario Class Actions Bench-Bar Liaison Committee. She sits on the executive of the Toronto branch of the Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund.
- University of Toronto Faculty of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Saskatchewan, B.A.H., 2007
- Ontario, 2011
- Ontario Bar Association, Class Action Law Section – Executive Member (2019-Current)
- Ontario Bar Association, Privacy & Information Law Section – Executive Member (2019-Current)
- Ontario Class Actions Bench-Bar Liaison Committee (2020-Current)
- The Advocates’ Society – Member
- Toronto Lawyers’ Association – Member